This resource includes an illustrated online interactive booklet with 10 full colour pictures illustrating the Squirrel Story.
The Squirrel Story is not a norm-referenced test but a task that yields a descriptive profile of the child’s development of key narrative competencies. The profiling methods and developmental continua bring together understandings of narrative from the literature and from the data collected during our development of the assessment.
Squirrel Story Narrative Assessment can be used:
1. To develop skills in assessing and profiling narrative skills;
2. To analyse narrative data and plan developmentally appropriate goals;
3. To link goals to individual, group and classroom programmes;
4. To monitor individual and group progress;
5. To integrate speech-language therapy and classroom objectives;
6. To facilitate a collaborative team approach to intervention;
7. For general research e.g. comparison of clinical populations;
8. As a professional development tool.
Age Range: 3-6
- For optimal results use on a PC, laptop of tablet. We do not recommend this product is used on a mobile phone.
- This is an online picture book so an internet connection is needed when displaying the pictures.
- This resource is suitable for screen sharing and can be sent in a 5 day link to up to 5 parents at one time.
- These materials are for the use of ONE Speech and Language/Teaching Professional /Parent and his or her student. ONE account = ONE user. If you would like to purchase this or any other of our digital products for your team, it’s easy. Just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know which resources you would like.