This pack of reproducible resources, aimed at developing children’s speaking and listening skills through narrative, provides both Speech and Language Therapists and teachers with an approach that is:
- highly structured, including clear lesson plans and follow-on activities
- designed to address many aspects of language and communication including: attention, listening, receptive and expressive language skills
- based on meaningful activities that are common to many classrooms
- flexible and adaptable for different age groups
- appropriate to use with individuals, small groups and whole classes
- strong emphasis on developing Oracy skills and complementary to national literacy framework activities.
Author: Bec Shanks, This very popular KS1 narrative pack was fully revised by the author in late 2011.
The varied, coloured resources teach the concepts of ‘Who’, ‘Where’, ‘When’, ‘What Happened Next’ and ‘The End’. This Narrative framework can be applied to many typical classroom activities e.g. retelling events, story comprehension and planning as well as supporting explanations in verbal and written form.
Suitable for small group or whole class teaching. Can be used by therapists and teachers.
This item is listed in the What Works Communication Trust evidence base.
Licence: The price shown is for a site licence which enables you to download the resource on up to 5 PCs/laptops at one place. If you need a shared drive/network licence please contact us : email@example.com.
Aim: To improve understanding of language; to improve expressive language; to improve attention and listening skills; to develop oral competence and confidence in expressing ideas; to develop understanding and use of story structure.
Age Level: Developmental age 5-7 years, KS1.
Curriculum Targets: Oracy, Speaking, Listening, Learning; P scales; KS 1 English.
Format: PDF file, with 360 pages, including 144 pages of colour pictures, detailed session plans and 143 pages of black and white duplicate illustrations. Available as a download, 85MB, or on CD.