Secondary Talk Narrative, was developed by Bec Shanks in collaboration with ICAN as resources for the narrative section of ICAN Secondary Talk. It provides information about how oral narrative underpins written language and why using narrative frameworks can help pupils with poor levels of oral narrative to have more success in written tasks.
- The resource pack contains:
- A basic introduction explaining the importance of narrative development.
- Information in grid form illustrating the types of narrative styles required across the secondary curriculum and how to support these using the narrative templates.
- A ‘pick and mix’ range of example templates that can be used as they stand and/or further adapted for use in other tasks/settings.
- An expanded range of Narrative Symbols specifically designed for an older age group.
Age Range: KS3/4
Contents: PDF file, 33 pages. Available as a download, 12 MB, or on CD.