Licence: The price shown is for a site licence which enables you to download the resource on up to 5 PCs/laptops at one place. If you need a shared drive/network licence please contact us : firstname.lastname@example.org
The Sound Stories series is designed for children who have difficulties with sound production. This pack features /s/ final. Other editions include /f/,/s/,/t/, /k/ initial phonemes, /l/ and /s/ clusters and /f/,/t/, /k/ and /p/ final
Each Sound Stories pack contains two attractive and fully illustrated stories, colouring activities and a series of questions which offer high frequency words, featuring a specific phoneme in initial or final position. This pack features /s/ in final position. These can be used for focused auditory stimulation and sound production work.
Teachers will find this product useful to supplement phonics interventions.
The pack consists of:
- Three pages of background, introduction and instructions.
- Six pages of colour sound stories featuring target sound.
- Story one: Alice the fierce princess: Princess Alice is very cross – she does not want to be nice all the time and wear a frilly dress! Discover how kind King Marcus helps Alice become a fierce princess.
- Story two: Orvis the messy octopus: Meet Orvis the octopus who always looks a mess. Thanks to his friend Wallace , it’s not long before Orvis is looking gorgeous instead!
- Four pages of extension activities comprising a colouring activity and a set of questions and pictures related to each story, all featuring /s/ final
- Black and white duplicate stories.
For additional resources which encourage sound production check out our /s/ Final – Speech Sound Worksheets. This resource offers a wide range of attractive interactive games and activities which encourage production of the focus sound.
Age: 4–9 years
Format: PDF file, Available as a download, 22 pages, 10 MB or on CD.