This newly designed and upgraded set of resources is based on our original Sound Games and Phonological Barrier game packs. Each resource focuses on one phoneme or cluster. This pack focuses on initial /s/ clusters sound games. It’s aim is to support children to ‘bridge the gap’ between using the new sound in formal, highly-structured directed therapy sessions, and move towards consistent use during conversation.
The packs can be used in one-to-one or group settings, and are suitable for children between the ages of 4 and 7 years.
Each pack comes with clear instructions which makes it highly suitable for school and/or home programmes of work.
The initial /s/ clusters sound games pack consists of:
- 9 pages of game instructions, detailing fourteen separate games.
- a 2 page set of colour pictures which have at least two examples of the target sound in initial position. These can be used in a wide range of sound games.
- four barrier games.
- a dice and counter colour action board game
- a 2 page colour categories game
- black and white duplicate pictures
Additional packs which focus on /s/ clusters in initial position include: /s/ clusters: stories for sound production
Age: 4-7 years
Format: PDF file, Available as a download, 41 pages, 10.5MB