Licence: The price shown is for a site licence which enables you to download the resource on up to 5 PCs/laptops at one place. If you need a shared drive/network licence please contact us : firstname.lastname@example.org
This pack provides activities that enable an informal assessment to be made of a child’s speech, language and communication skills. The conclusions can be reported back easily using the forms provided, these can be completed by hand or on a computer.
The eight section report covers:
- recognising, labelling, and demonstrating emotions.,.
- describing situations that cause different emotions .
- matching emotions to scenarios presented orally or in picture clues
- self-assessment of social situations
- social understanding.
- school based understanding
- understanding idioms – out of context
- observations of interaction skills
The authors, speech and language therapists in Dumfries and Galloway, have found that the information is useful in guiding discussion in relation to diagnostic criteria for autism spectrum disorders.
Age Range: 5-11
Contents: PDF file 60 pages, including forms, guidance for their completion and 27 pages of activities, available as a download, 9.4MB, or on CD