Identifying and Describing is one of a series of resources devised by Felicity Durham, and developed by Helen Rippon. Felicity is a specialist speech and language therapist working in a school. She identified the need for attractive, simple activities in a game format, to develop semantic skills.
- 3 pages of activity suggestions.
- 5 pages of clearly illustrated activities & games, some in ‘board game’ format.
- 1 page of counters and direction cards.
- To develop semantic skills in young children.
- To improve the identification and description of objects by function and location.
- To improve vocabulary development; use of adjectives; attention and listening; social skills; group discussion.
Suitable for: School, clinic, home; Small group & one-to-one settings for drill & practice.
Age Range: 3yrs. – 7yrs. Early Years: KS1 (can be adapted for differing skill levels).
Format: PDF file, 10 pages. Available by download, 258 KB or on CD.