The Sound Stories series is designed for children who have difficulties with sound production. This pack features /k/ final. Other editions include /f/,/s/,/t/, /k/ initial phonemes, /l/ and /s/ clusters and /f/, /s/,/t/, /p/ final
Each Sound Stories pack contains two attractive and fully illustrated stories, colouring activities and a series of questions which offer high frequency words, featuring a specific phoneme in initial or final position. This pack features /k / in final position. These can be used for focused auditory stimulation and sound production work.
Teachers will find this product useful to supplement phonics interventions.
The pack consists of:
- Three pages of background, introduction and instructions.
- Six pages of colour sound stories featuring the target sound.
- Story one: A brave little duck: A heartwarming and beautifully illustrated little story about a very brave duck who comes to the rescue when poor Clarke the shark gets a fish hook stuck in his back.
- Story two: Blake makes a cake: Things do not go quite to plan when Blake tries to bake a birthday cake for his friend Brooke!
- Four pages of extension activities comprising a colouring activity and a set of questions and pictures related to each story, all featuring /k/ final
- Black and white duplicate stories.
For additional resources which encourage sound production check out our /k/ Final –Phonological Worksheets. This resource offers a wide range of attractive interactive games and activities which encourage production of the focus sound.
Age: 4–9 years
Format: PDF file, Available as a download, 22 pages, 10 MB or on CD.